This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Childs 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Ali Crowley
    Participant

Just wanted to say that we LOVE this diet! Your foods are amazing! I’ve gone from 143.4 lbs to 138.4 lbs in the span of five days and can already feel the change in…well, everything. More energy, less aches and pain, more alertness. I have epilepsy and my Dr. has wanted me to go on the ketogenic diet for a long time but it was way too difficult. Your hybrid diet involving things my husband and I feel strong about like locally sourced, fresh, and organic goods has been the perfect solution.

Thank you for sharing this with the world.

Laura Childs
    Participant

I am so glad you are seeing success and enjoying the diet Ali!

It was life changing for us and have been blessed to be able to share it with the world. People like you who take time to write a note fill our hearts with so much joy. The next time I feel blue I will remember your success, your pleasure.

On a personal note (from my side) I can’t help but tell you that YOUR message was heaven-sent. I just picked up a review on Amazon from a person in the UK who accused us of publishing for profit, of being sloppy, and of being annoyingly self-righteous about organic foods. 🙁 It is hard not to take reviews personally. We may not be the strongest writers but we are not in this for fame or profit and we spend many hours every week talking with our readers. We simply want to help others to feel as good as we do and to live happier, healthier, longer lives.

At any rate – your message took away all of my hurt and the timing was PERFECT. Thank you for that. Thank you SO MUCH for that!

Ali Crowley
    Participant

There’s something you should really watch, I tried to find a way to attach this to my reply here. I will still work on it – but it doesn’t seem to work. But its a talk from Robin O’Brien that she did on Tedx. She used to be a food analyst and has a shocking perspective on organic foods that you should definitely see. (and then you can send it to these nay-sayers). Please, please check it out. The statistics will blow your mind. And, please let me know what you think about it. Have a blessed day! 🙂

Laura Childs
    Participant

I have watched it and loved it! I will search for it and watch it again today – I’m sure it will help square my shoulders again. You are such a blessing Ali. I’ll also try to post the link to the Ted talk here once I find it.

Ali Crowley
    Participant

My husband and I are planning on taking our pictures with the book soon, one each so we can get the 20 extra recipes and the 2 week meal plan. ; ) But we’re thinking about taking them with one of your tasty meals in the pictures. Can’t thank you ladies enough for all you do.

Ali Crowley
    Participant

Oh, and I made the scones from the book this morning (with raspberries) – Amazing!

Laura Childs
    Participant

Robyn O’Brien’s Ted Talk on the state of our food supply…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixyrCNVVGA

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.